Friday, February 12, 2010

Response to Group C

If you were Christopher McCandless, you weren't fond of you family and didn't want to go back to them, and someone who you liked, respected, and enjoyed being with asked to adopt you would you do it? Why do you think Chris didn't want to? If he did would he have still gone to Alaska?

If I had been in Chris' shoes and was asked if I would like to be adopted I probably wouldn't do it. To me family is everything even if I didn't like some of my family there would be my sister. I think that Chris didn't want to because he didn't want to get tied down he didn't want to have someone that was looking out for and caring for him again. If he were to go with it I think he would have still gone but I don't think that he would have gone for as long or without some crucial supplies, becuase he would have had someone watching and double checking his packing.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you...I think he didn't want the responsibility of someone worrying about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wouldn't do it either! you cant pick and choose your family but you also have to remember that they cant choose you either..if you think your having a bad time then just imagine what they are feeling??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that he would still have gone to alaska. It's an interesting thought that he might not have gone to Alaska as long as he did. Maybe he would have survived then. Maybe he wod have frequently traveled back to visit and was talked into taking some crucial supplies. The outcome could have been toally different and we would have never heard of Chris mccandless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes the responsibility of having an old man watch after him would be like a parenting experience, which is the last thing Chris wants

    ReplyDelete